Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
Potential benefits include lower blood pressure and cholesterol
(HealthDay News) -- Aerobic exercise, also called cardiovascular exercise, helps improve your heart and lung health. Examples include walking, running, swimming, biking and hiking.
The Cleveland Clinic says potential benefits of aerobic exercise include:
- Better control over blood pressure.
- Lower levels of harmful LDL cholesterol.
- Improved endurance.
- Decreased heart rate when your body is at rest.
- Increased ability to lose weight or maintain weight loss.
- Better stress management.
- Improved quality of sleep.