Health Tip: Ward Off Tooth Decay
Help protect your teeth
(HealthDay News) -- Tooth decay usually occurs when bacteria eat away at enamel that covers the teeth, frequently causing cavities.
The American Dental Association suggests these steps to help reduce your risk of tooth decay:
- Using a fluoride toothpaste, brush your teeth at least twice daily.
- Floss your teeth each day.
- Stick to a healthy, balanced diet and avoid snacking between meals.
- Have regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Get dental sealants, if your dentist recommends them.