Health Tip: Triggers for Foot Arthritis
What may be responsible for your arthritic symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis can cause pain and swelling in any joint, and the joints of the feet are no exception.
The American Podiatric Medical Association says the following triggers may contribute to foot arthritis:
- An injury to the foot, especially one that was left untreated.
- A bacterial or viral infection such as pnuemonia or Lyme disease.
- Bowel disorders such as ileitis or colitis.
- Use of certain prescription drugs or illicit drugs.
- Research has suggested that genetic history may also play a role in the development of arthritis.