Health Tip: Take Care of Dry Skin
Keep it moisturized
(HealthDay News) -- Dry skin can be itchy, uncomfortable and even painful if the skin begins to crack.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for caring for dry skin:
- Make sure your shower or bath water is lukewarm; never too hot.
- Take baths or showers of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Wash with a moisturizing cleanser.
- During winter months, moisturize with a heavy cream or ointment. Use a lighter lotion during summer.
Check Your Symptoms
Search for Treatments
Find a Doctor
Search for Drugs