Health Tip: Get Relief From Bunion Pain
Here are some suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- A bunion is a foot deformity that often occurs when someone wears tight narrow shoes with high heels. With a bunion, the joint at the base of the big toe sticks out and becomes inflamed.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions to help ease bunion pain:
- Make sure shoes fit properly and conform to your feet.
- Select shoes that offer a wide instep, soft soles and plenty of room in the toes.
- Make sure heels are no higher than 2 1/4 inches.
- Don't wear tight, short and very pointy shoes.
- Make sure your shoes are roomy. Have them stretched, if necessary.
- Cover a bunion with a cushioned pad to prevent additional irritation.