Tipping of tooth (finding)
Health Tip: Do You Have an Impacted Tooth?
Head and neck pain may be symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Teeth below the gums are supposed to continue growing and break through. But sometimes, teeth -- most often wisdom teeth -- don't emerge and become impacted.
Head and neck pain may signal an impacted tooth, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says. Here's a more complete list of common symptoms:
- Persistent bad breath.
- Problems trying to open the mouth.
- Sore or tender gums, or pain in the jaw.
- Swollen or red gums near the impacted tooth.
- Swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck.
- Persistent bad taste in the mouth.