Health Tip: Considering a Midwife?
Information that you should know
(HealthDay News) -- Some women may choose to deliver a baby with the help of a midwife rather than a doctor.
The Nemours Foundation says "midwife-supervised births produce excellent outcomes with fewer medical interventions than average."
But the foundation warns that for higher-risk pregnancies, "midwifery is not advisable."
The foundation says examples of higher-risk pregnancy include:
- Women who are having multiple births (twins, triplets, etc.).
- Women who have gestational diabetes.
- Women who have high blood pressure.
- Women who have any other type of chronic illness.
- Women who have had complications during pregnancy.