Adult Day Care
Health Tip: Benefitting From Adult Day Care
How it can help seniors
(HealthDay News) -- Some seniors become lonely staying home alone all day, particularly if they can no longer drive. And for older people with memory or physical problems, staying home alone can be unsafe.
That's when adult day care may come in.
Helpguide.org offers this list of adult day care's potential benefits:
- It's a safe, supervised place to be.
- It includes enjoyable activities and an opportunity to learn new things.
- It may allow participants to become mentally and physically healthier.
- It promotes a feeling of staying independent.
- It affords an opportunity to socialize, make friends and get support from other seniors.
- It includes regular, healthier meals and snacks.