Use a microplane zester (available in the kitchen utensil section of large department stores) to finely grate lemon. Citrus rinds impart fresh flavor without making recipes too tart.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (20-ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) pouch pink salmon, flaked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Iceberg or butter lettuce leaves (optional)
Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
Place beans and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Gently stir in lime juice mixture. Serve salad in lettuce leaves, if desired.
- 1.5 Carbohydrate
- 2 Meat
- 1/2 Fat
Calories: 188; Calories from Fat: 53; Total Fat: 6 g; Saturated Fat: <1 g; Cholesterol: 35 mg; Sodium: 674 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 23 g; Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g; Sugars: <1 g; Protein: 16 g