This recipe is easy to make and boasts tons of flavor. Brown rice or rice pilaf will round out the meal.
Makes 3 servings
For the pork:
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup orange juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1/4 cup no sugar added grape jelly (such as Smuckers)
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
Rub 2 tablespoons orange juice over pork. Rub with seasoning. Place pork in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155 degrees. Let pork stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Whisk together jelly, mustard, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until smooth and thoroughly heated. Drizzle over pork slices.
For the Lemony Green Beans:
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green beans, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Return green beans to pan. Stir in olive oil and remaining ingredients.
(Nutrition information includes the pork and the green beans)
- 3 Very Lean Meat
- 1 1/2 Vegetable
- 1 Fat
Calories: 238; Calories from Fat: 77; Total Fat: 8.7 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 63 mg; Sodium: 536 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 13 g; Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g; Sugars: 2 g; Protein: 25 g