- Press your hands together, elbows down.
- Raise your elbows as nearly parallel to the floor as possible, while keeping your hands together.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds. Repeat three to five times.
This exercise stretches the front of the ankle muscles.
- Sit toward the front edge of a chair and lean back, using pillows to support your back.
- Slide your feet in front of you, away from the chair, so your legs are outstretched.
- With your heels still on the floor, point your toes away from you until you feel a stretch in the front part of your ankles. If you don't feel a stretch, lift your heels slightly off the floor while doing this exercise.
- Hold the position briefly. Repeat three to five times.