Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 10 ounces reduced-sodium deli turkey, thinly sliced
- 8 tomato slices
Stir together first 5 ingredients and spread onto one side of each bread slice. On half the bread slices, place turkey and tomato and top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Spray top bread slice with vegetable cooking spray.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place two sandwiches cooking spray side down. Spray top with additional cooking spray and top with second skillet. Place 2 large cans in top skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Flip, place skillet and cans back on top, and cook an additional 3 minutes.
Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Calories: 260; Total fat: 8.7 g; Saturated fat: 1.3 g; Cholesterol: 5 mg; Sodium: 352 mg; Potassium: 323 mg; Carbohydrate: 42 g; Protein: 6 g