Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained
- ¼ cup chopped niçoise olives
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 large, ½-inch-thick slices of crusty French bread, toasted
In a large bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients—except bread—and toss to combine.
Place 1 bread slice on a serving plate and spoon tuna mixture on top.
Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Calories: 281; Total Fat: 2.7 g; Saturated fat: 0.6 g; Cholesterol: 25 mg; Sodium: 498 mg; Potassium: 696 mg; Carbohydrate: 34 g; Protein: 30 g