Makes 4 servings
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small eggplant peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) sea bass fillets, each about 1-inch thick
- 2 lemons
- ? cup Niçoise olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large, oven-proof skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté onion and peppers over medium-high heat until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, eggplant, thyme, and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until eggplant starts to soften. Stir in white wine and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until liquid reduces by half.
Place fish fillets on top of vegetables in skillet and squeeze 1 lemon over the top. Cover with lid and place in oven. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is cooked to desired degree of doneness.
Place fish fillets on warm serving plates. Squeeze remaining lemon over vegetables. Add olives and capers and stir to combine. Adjust seasonings, as desired. Spoon over fish and serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 fillet
Calories: 282; Total fat: 5.4 g; Saturated fat: 1.2 g; Cholesterol 75 mg; Sodium: 321 mg; Potassium: 1364 mg; Carbohydrate: 23 g; Protein: 37 g