Primary Care Physician/Internist

If you’re experiencing symptoms that you think could be caused by an allergy, see your regular doctor or visit your local clinic for a consultation. Your doctor will be able to recommend or prescribe any needed treatments or medications.


 In some cases, your initial medical visit may result in a recommendation to see a specialist such as an allergist or immunologist, especially if your regular doctor believes you should have a skin prick or other allergy test performed. An allergist is a pediatrician or internist with at least two additional years of specialized training in diagnosing and treating allergies.