Let your music inspire others.
How to Make an “Rx: Music” Video
- Be a YouTube member. In order to upload your video, you must have or create a valid YouTube account.
- Make sure the sound on your video is clear. If no one can hear you, no one will watch it. Make sure to shoot in quiet environments and to project.
- Don't backlight. Make sure light is on your face and not behind you (i.e. don't sit in front of a bright window).
- Title your video. Use the title “Rx: Music” and include your name and location (ex: “Rx: Music: Dylan from Minnesota”).
- Tag your video. Use tags to describe your video so that other people can find it (ex: “depression-inspired song” or “original song about depression”).
- Tell us about you. Write (or record as an intro to your song) a mini-bio (no longer than 250 words, or 1 minute). Describe how music helps you cope with your depression, and share the inspiration behind your song (if you’d like).
- Sing or play your song. Then upload it to YouTube.
- Send us the link! Submit your video to email@example.com
Terms Healthline may discontinue or decline to share video or written content submissions for reasons including, but not limited to:
- the video contains offensive, vulgar, or violent content
- the video contains incorrect medical information
- the quality of the video is poor
If Healthline has discontinued or declined to share your video, yet you feel that doing so was inconsistent with the policy set forth above, please contact the Healthline at firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation as to why you believe Healthline acted in error. Any such communications will be evaluated by Healthline and addressed promptly.