Frittatas are great for breakfast, brunch, or a light dinner. If you’re watching your cholesterol, substitute 1/4 cup of egg substitute for every whole egg.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 ½ cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in an 8-inch oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add the salmon and capers and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten. Pour over salmon and stir gently with a rubber spatula, 30 seconds. Scatter cream cheese over the top and cook, without stirring, until the edges appear firm, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until nicely browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, invert onto a serving plate, cut into wedges and top with chopped chives.
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 8.2g
- Calories from fat: 16.5 percent
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Sodium: 678.9mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2.5g