Makes 4 servings
If you don’t tolerate cabbage well, serve these patties in hamburger burger buns and top with mayo or your favorite condiments. Chicken breast may be used instead of turkey.
Turkey and Sweet Pepper Patties
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/3 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Place turkey in the bowl of a food processor; add onion and next 4 ingredients. Grind to consistency of ground beef. Place ground chicken mixture in a bowl. Fold in chopped peppers. Shape into 4 patties. Chill 30 minutes.
Pour oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 6 or 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with Creamy Curry Slaw.
Per serving (patties and slaw): Calories: 385; Carbohydrate: 24g; Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Protein: 45g; Fiber: 4.1g; Sodium: 733mg; Calcium: 72mg.
Creamy Curry Slaw
- ½ cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw
- ½ cup chopped red onion
Whisk together Miracle Whip and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add coleslaw and red onion, tossing to coat well. Chill until ready to serve.