This luscious cream soothes diaper rash and sunburns. Begin by making a chamomile-infused oil.
- 1/3 cup dried chamomile leaves
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure lavender essential oil
For the oil:
- Place a 1/3 cup dried chamomile flowers into a very clean and dry glass quart jar. Add just enough good quality olive oil to fully cover.
- Check the jar after several hours and add more oil if needed after absorption.
- Cover the jar with a clean piece of cotton or an unbleached coffee filter, securing with a rubber band.
- Let the oil infuse in a sunny window or other warm place for about 10 days.
- Strain out and compost the plant material and store the remaining oil in a glass bottle at room temperature for up to a year.
For the cream:
- Melt 1/2 cup cocoa butter and 1/2 cup coconut oil into one cup of herbal infused oil.
- Remove from heat, pour blend into a Pyrex or stainless steel bowl and move to the freezer to begin cooling.
- Every few minutes, remove from the freezer and whip with an electric mixer, slowly increasing to higher speeds.
- Once creamy, gently fold in one teaspoon of pure lavender essential oil.
- Spoon the cream into glass containers with tight-fitting lids. Label and store in a cool or refrigerated place.
View more herbal remedy recipes: