Check your local supermarket for rotisserie chickens. This salad is served cold, so ask the butcher if they have any cooked, leftover chickens that are already chilled. If not, take the chicken out of the package and allow it to come to at least room temperature before assembling this salad.
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken, chilled or at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Remove and discard the skin and bones from the chicken. Shred the meat with your fingers and set in a bowl.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together the mustard and next three ingredients.
Pour two tablespoons of dressing over the chicken and toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds) to dressing and toss to coat. Divide mixture between salad plates and top with chicken and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Approximately 2 cups
Calories: 182; Saturated fat: 0.6 g; Total fat: 3.2 g; Cholesterol: 66 mg; Sodium: 274 mg; Potassium: 672 mg; Carbohydrate: 8 g; Protein: 28 g;