Yucatan Chocolate Cupcakes
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Discover the incredible combination of flavors the ancient Mayans created thousands of years ago. Spike the dense, rich chocolate cake with the smoky heat of ground chipotle chile peppers. A quick dusting of powdered sugar is all you need to help to tame the heat.
|Serving size:||1 cupcake|
|Calories per serving:||109|
|Total Fat 1.9g||3%|
- 18.25-ounce box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile*
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine all ingredients except powdered sugar and mix on low speed 30 seconds. Stop, scrape down bowl and increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Fill cupcake molds about 2/3 full.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with powdered sugar before serving. *Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Chipotle Chile Pepper.