White Bean and Greens Soup
Published February 22, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This soup is brothier than traditional bean soups. If you prefer a thicker soup, remove and puree one cup of the beans before you add the escarole.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||229|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1%|
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chopped escarole
Step by Step:
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat until soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add beans, broth, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in escarole and cook 5 minutes. Serve immediately.