West Indies Shrimp Pasta
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This pasta is quick and easy for weeknight family dinners, but special enough for dinner parties.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||552|
|Total Fat 5.1g||8%|
- 1 pound protein-enriched angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Step by Step:
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add wine and lime juice. Bring mixture to a boil. Simmer until the liquid reduces by half, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, cilantro, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.