Warm Tomato Basil Bruschetta
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This recipe showcases two of summer's tastiest flavors: tomato and basil. They're the perfect complement to each other and to crusty, rustic bread. Enjoy the taste of the season!
|Serving size:||1 bruschetta|
|Calories per serving:||142|
|Total Fat 3.9g||6%|
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cooking spray
- 4 large slices rustic bread
Step by Step:
- Combine first eight ingredients and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture and cook 5 minutes or until heated, gently stirring.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray bread slices with vegetable cooking spray and place in pan. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve tomato mixture on top of bread slices.