Vegetable Masala Omelet
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Omelet is an all time favorite breakfast recipe. If you are looking for some healthier option which is packed with the goodness of vegetables too, then try this colorful recipe. It is easy and simple to make and tastes amazing.
|Serving size:||1/2 portion of the cooked omelet made of 4 eggs (omelet of 2 eggs)|
|Calories per serving:||91|
|Total Fat 6.1g||9%|
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green capsicum
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red capsicum
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Step by Step:
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add all the chopped vegetables, green chilies, salt and black pepper powder in it. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Pour half of the egg-vegetable mixture and spread it with a spatula. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes. Put 1/2 teaspoon of oil on the edges and with a spatula carefully turn the omelet on the other side. Let it cook on the other side too for 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat the similar process with the remaining egg-vegetable mixture. Serve hot with whole wheat toast and tomato ketchup.