Turkey Rice Bowl
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This marinade is very strong, so you don't have to marinate it too long: just 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
|Serving size:||1 bowl|
|Calories per serving:||549|
|Total Fat 9.4g||14%|
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey tenderloin
- 1 cup julienned snow peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Step by Step:
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour 1/3 of mixture into a shallow dish.
- Slice tenderloins into 1&1/2 to 2-inch-thick pieces and place in shallow dish with the prepared sauce, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high. Remove turkey from marinade, and discard marinade. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Place on grill grate and cook covered, 5 minutes per side, basting twice with reserved sauce. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable and sesame oil over medium-high heat. Sauté snow peas, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and tender. Serve turkey with snow peas and cooked rice.