Toasted Oatmeal Almond Berry Bars
Published March 7, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
These bars, chock full of antioxidants and packed with flavor, are great not only as a dessert, but also as a healthy snack. Being healthy never tasted so good!
|Serving size:||2 squares|
|Calories per serving:||173|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5%|
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic cinnamon applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread oatmeal onto an ungreased, rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Shake sheet once about halfway through to ensure even browning. Let cool completely before stirring into proceeding step.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, except flour, blending well.
- Dust the bottom of an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch pan with whole wheat flour. Using plastic wrap, press prepared cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Lightly dust bars with more wholewheat flour. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Cut into 24 squares.