Thai Beef Salad
Published February 7, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Flavorful, light, and balanced, this is an entrée salad that is sure to impress family and guests alike.
|Serving size:||1/4 pound of meat|
|Calories per serving:||250|
|Total Fat 10.0g||15%|
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Serrano chile pepper, minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil (less will produce a tarter vinaigrette)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (not to be added to the dressing--read below)
- 1 & 1/2 pound flank steak
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 12 cups mixed greens
- Pint of very ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Handful of lightly or unsalted peanuts, chopped
Step by Step:
- Mix the dressing up. Pour 1/2 into a container large enough to hold the flank steak and add the garlic. Add the steak and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours. Put the rest of the dressing aside.
- Start the grill or broiler. Remove the steak from the marinade and dry well with paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt and grill or broil until medium rare, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Place steak on a platter and invert another platter over top. While the meat is resting, make the salad.
- Toss the greens with the green onions and herbs, dress the salad and toss it again, then scatter the tomatoes and cucumbers on top. Slice the beef thinly against the grain and layer the strips on top of the salad. Sprinkle peanuts over the top and serve.