Published February 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Gluten allergies affect many people, making meal time quite dreary with limited food choices. Tapioca is a root vegetable that is considered to be a healthy carb. The best part about this delectable starch is that it's a safe gluten-free food option.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||169|
|Total Fat 6.7g||10%|
- 1 pound tapioca, peeled, chopped, washed, and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies, split lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 gm coconut, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 cups water
Step by Step:
- Take a shallow pan and boil the tapioca in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Once the tapioca is soft and properly cooked, drain excess water and keep aside.
- Add the coconut, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, garlic, and salt to a blender and make a thick paste. Now take a frying pan and add oil to it. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle completely. Add the green chilies and curry leaves followed by the paste. Sauté for 1 minute and add the contents of this pan to the cooked tapioca. Mix well, cover with lid and cook on simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.