Sweet Potato Cakes
Published February 22, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Use left-over mash potato (sweet or white) that's been chilled for at least 24 hours for best results. Serve with butter as a snack or on the side of a fry up.
|Serving size:||5 ounces|
|Calories per serving:||265|
|Total Fat 7.2g||11%|
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, chilled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
Step by Step:
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and 1 tablespoon of oil until smooth.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika together and put on a small plate by the stove.
- Heat the rest of the oil over a medium-low heat in a large frying pan. Divide the potato into 8 equal balls and flatten into patties. Dip in the flour mixture, coating evenly and place in the frying pan. Fry for 15 minutes on either side until golden brown.