Published February 25, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This sweet bread is a delicious hot or cold snack for kids on the go or to serve alongside your favourite Indian feast.
|Serving size:||1 Chapatis|
|Calories per serving:||193|
|Total Fat 3.6g||6%|
- 1 tbsp. pistachios
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 3 tbsp. coconut
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 7 ounces plain flour
- 2 tsp. margarine
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Step by Step:
- Put the nuts, raisins, sugar, coconut, and cardamom in a blender and pulse until roughly chopped together. Place the mixture in a small bowl and leave to one side.
- Microwave the margarine for 10 seconds or until melted. Add the flour to a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add the melted margarine and enough hot water to form a dough. Knead until smooth and divide into 10 equal balls.
- Grease a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out 2 of the balls as thin as possible. Put a tablespoon of the nut-raisin mixture in the middle of one chapati and spread out evenly with the back of the spoon, leaving a 1/2 inch of space around the edge. Dab cold water around the edge and lay the other chapati on top, pinching the edges closed.
- Place the chapati in the pan and fry on both sides for approximately 30 seconds or until brown spots appear. Repeat the process with the remaining 8 dough balls.