Sweet and Tangy Chicken
Published March 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Malt vinegar is a staple in most British pubs. It's traditionally served with fish and chips, but it has so many more uses. Combined with honey, it makes a tangy glaze that is perfect with quickly seared chicken breasts.
|Serving size:||1 chicken breast|
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5%|
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (5 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Step by Step:
- Stir together first 4 ingredients and sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Brush a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Remove and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook 30 seconds. Add vinegar and honey and bring to a simmer. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.