Steamed Haddock with Lemon and Fennel
Published February 1, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
|Serving size:||1 filet, 1/4 cup sauce, 2 tsp. olives|
|Calories per serving:||268|
|Total Fat 2.5g||4%|
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fish stock*
- 4 (6 oz.) Haddock filets
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- Garnish: fresh fennel fronds, if desired
Step by Step:
- Place fennel and next 3 ingredients in bottom of a large Dutch oven.
- Season fish evenly with pepper. Fit a lightly greased steam rack over vegetables in Dutch oven. Place fish on rack; cover and steam until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove rack with fish.
- Cook fennel mixture over medium heat 5 minutes, or until reduced to about 1 cup. Serve fish with poaching liquid and top with sliced olives. Garnish, if desired. *Note: Bottled clam juice may be substituted for fish stock.