Spinach and Artichoke Frittata
Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This frittata also features nutmeg, parmesan cheese, and cooked small shrimp.
|Serving size:||2 wedges|
|Calories per serving:||241|
|Total Fat 13.3g||20%|
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 (6 oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced fat milk
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook shallot in hot oil in a 10-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender but not browned. Raise heat to medium-high and stir in spinach and cook 4 minutes, or until wilted and water has evaporated. Stir in shrimp and next 4 ingredients.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl until foamy; whisk in eggs and milk. Pour over spinach mixture in skillet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or just until set. Let stand 3 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.