Spicy Hash Browns
Published February 25, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This spicy take on classic hash browns is the perfect accompaniment to a full English breakfast. Serve with smoked salmon and Greek yogurt for a warming and filling lunch.
|Serving size:||5 ounces|
|Calories per serving:||152|
|Total Fat 7.0g||11%|
- 1lb. white potatoes, peeled
- 1 large white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and butter a large baking sheet.
- Toss the potatoes with the salt and leave to stand in a medium bowl for 5 minutes. Squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the potatoes and drain on paper towel.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add the potatoes. Toss until the potatoes and onions are evenly coated.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 equal portions and pile on the baking sheet with at least a 2 cm space in between.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the hash browns, flatten with the back of the spatula, and turn the oven down 350°F. Bake for 35 minutes or until the hash browns are soft inside.