Published March 7, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Warm spiced, yet sweet milk try this hot drink sat by the fire after an afternoon walk. Great for kids and adults alike.
|Serving size:||Approx. 1 1/4 cups|
|Calories per serving:||157|
|Total Fat 4.4g||7%|
- 5 cups semi-skimmed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 sliced almonds
- Brown sugar to taste
Step by Step:
- Place the milk in a heavy bottomed pot on medium heat (do not allow it to boil).
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Leave the milk to warm for 2 minutes after which whisk the milk occasionally.
- When the milk is reaching boiling point pour it into mugs, and allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top and serve.