Southwest Salmon Fillets
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
The robust flavors of the southwest pair wonderfully with meaty salmon fillets. Try to find wild salmon--the flavor is more pronounced.
|Serving size:||1 fillet|
|Calories per serving:||190|
|Total Fat 7.6g||12%|
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-oz) skin-on salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh limejuice
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl stir together first three ingredients. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over salmon fillets. Drizzle lime juice over salmon.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.