Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Oatmeal
Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Oats are an ideal breakfast food, giving you with long-lasting energy and providing you with a helpful nutrient - beta-glucan - that has been shown to reduce levels of bad cholesterol.
|Serving size:||1 cup and 1/2 cup orange segments; 1 Tbsp. agave; 1 Tbsp. walnuts|
|Calories per serving:||433|
|Total Fat 12.9g||20%|
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel-cut oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 4 cups fresh orange segments
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
Step by Step:
- Place first 7 ingredients in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in protein powder and top each serving with 1/2 cup fresh orange segments, 1 Tbsp. walnuts, and 1 Tbsp. agave.