Shrimp with Honey Mustard Sauce
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Fried shrimp are a crowd-pleasing favorite, but they're also packed with saturated fat. In this recipe, shrimp are breaded and then baked to produce crispy and crunchy treat without the extra calories.
|Serving size:||3 shrimp|
|Calories per serving:||70|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 12 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- Dash of ground red pepper
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Place pan in 400° oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine panko, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish, stirring to combine. Place egg white in another shallow dish. Dip shrimp in egg white, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place on preheated baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until done.
- Stir together mustard and remaining ingredients. Serve sauce with shrimp.