Shrimp and Black Bean Crostini
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Low in calories and in fat, shrimp is a great source of protein. Paired with black beans, they make for tasty bites in this recipe.
|Calories per serving:||125|
|Total Fat 1.7g||3%|
- 8 thick Italian bread slices
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup drained canned black beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Step by Step:
- Rub bread slices with halved garlic cloves. Toast bread and keep warm. Chop garlic cloves and reserve.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until done (about 2 minutes). Stir in reserved chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly until shrimp are done (about an additional 30 seconds). Remove shrimp, set aside, and keep warm.
- Add beans to the saute pan and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in salt, pepper, and chili powder. Remove from heat, and mash beans with the back of a spoon. SPread black beans on pone side of each bread slive. Top with shrimp and serve immediately.