Shiitake and Tofu Pilaf
Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
When sauteing shiitake mushrooms, you want to brown them really well to get the most flavour. If your family doesn't like tofu, try substituting lean cooked chicken.
|Serving size:||approximately 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||238|
|Total Fat 5.3g||8%|
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces firm tofu, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and add onion. Cook 3 minutes. Add mushroom and cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes more. Add broth, carrot, celery, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Add tofu, salt, pepper, and rosemary to rice mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake covered, at 350°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.