Sesame Chicken Salad
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Give your chicken salad some Asian flair. Make more than you need for some quick and satisfying left-overs. Bring along on a picnic or pack for a next-day lunch.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||596|
|Total Fat 24.0g||37%|
- 2 cups protein-enriched elbow macaroni
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded or chopped smoked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
Step by Step:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Add chicken, celery, bell pepper, and onion, tossing to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds before serving.