Sautéed Fava Beans
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Fava beans, also called broad beans, have a tough outer hull that can be a little difficult and time-consuming to remove. Instead, look for frozen favas and save yourself a little time.
|Serving size:||approx. 3/4 cup|
|Calories per serving:||88|
|Total Fat 2.7g||4%|
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen fava beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 shallot, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Step by Step:
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add fava beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add the oregano and cook until beans are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add lemon juice, tossing to combine. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.