Published February 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
No one will ever know that you didn't use real pork sausage in this recipe--it tastes exactly the same and makes great party food for carnivores and vegetarians alike.
|Serving size:||4 mushrooms|
|Calories per serving:||127|
|Total Fat 9.6g||15%|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 medium button or cremini mushrooms, stems detached and minced
- 1 pat butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Dash of dried thyme
- Black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 cup Morning Star Farms vegetarian breakfast sausage crumbles (thawed or frozen)
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese or Parmesan
Step by Step:
- Toss mushroom caps in a thin, steady drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté the shallot and minced mushroom stems in butter until soft. Add in the thyme, pepper, and sausage and sauté just until hot.
- Remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, then stir in cheese and mix to melt. Stuff mushroom caps with this mixture and set in fridge for up to 6 hours until ready to bake or bake immediately.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, at 400°F until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes.