Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
If you want a quick and healthy snack that is both low in calories and filling, then this recipe is for you. It is highly nutritious and tastes exceptionally good. It can be eaten as a snack or you can incorporate it in your main course menu as a salad side dish. It can serve as an appetizer too.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup of prepared salad|
|Calories per serving:||29|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0%|
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped red, yellow and green capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup yellow sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Step by Step:
- Heat a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Put corn and water into it and cover the pan with a lid. Steam for approximately 3-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Drain the excess water, cool and keep aside.
- In a large salad bowl, mix chopped onion, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and steamed corn. Season the salad mixture with salt, black pepper powder, sugar, lemon juice and white vinegar. Mix well.
- Serve as a salad side dish or as a snack with nachos.