Published January 31, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
If you have a pressure cooker with a quick release feature, you can use that instead of running it under cold water to bring the temperature down.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||128|
|Total Fat 3.6g||6%|
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup aborio rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp. saffron threads
- 11/2 cups fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
Step by Step:
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onion and cook 7 minutes, or until tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in rice and saffron threads and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Stir in broth, water, and pepper.
- Close lid securely and bring to high pressure over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Adjust heat to medium (maintaining high pressure) and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Run pressure cooker under cold water; carefully remove lid and stir in peas. Serve immediately. If you have a pressure cooker with a quick release feature, you can use that instead of running it under cold water to bring the temperature down.