Roasted Vegetable Salad
Published February 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
With the help of lemon zest to lift the flavor, this hearty salad fills you up without weighing you down. Add whatever root vegetables you have on hand.
|Serving size:||Approximately 2/3 cup|
|Calories per serving:||197|
|Total Fat 17.0g||26%|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 swede (rutabaga), peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. paprika
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil to evenly coat and put in a large roasting pan. Roast for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the vegetables sticking.
- Whisk the honey, zest, paprika, oil, and vinegar together in a small bowl and toss with the vegetables in a large bowl. Serve immediately.