Roasted Chicken Wraps
Published December 20, 2012 | Written by James Schend
A great time-saver for quick meals is the roast chickens you can get at your local supermarket. Pick up two, one for dinner that evening and another for these tasty lunch wraps. They’re perfect to toss into your lunch bag.
Cooking tip: Arthritis-fighting food: red cabbage (vitamin C)
|Serving size:||1 wrap|
|Calories per serving:||286|
|Total Fat 8.2g||13%|
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 deli-roasted chicken, cooled
- 6 whole wheat or mixed grain flatbreads
Step by Step:
- Combine mayonnaise, pickle juice, and pepper in a large bowl and refrigerate. In a medium bowl, add cabbage, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper and toss to mix.
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Divide chicken and cabbage mixtures evenly between the flatbread slices and roll to secure.