Roast Chicken Salad with Arugula and Pomegranate Seeds
Published February 1, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Make this chicken salad using leftover roasted chicken breasts for a quick and easy lunch option. Pomegranate seeds and arugula add some nice holiday color. Serve over a bed of mixed greens or in a sandwich.
|Serving size:||about 1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Total Fat 3.8g||6%|
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2/3 cup packed arugula
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place breasts in a foil-lined baking dish or roasting pan and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 400°F and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, yogurt, mustard, syrup, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Once chicken is cool, chop or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add the vinegar mixture to the chicken and stir well so that the chicken pieces are evenly coated. Stir in pomegranate seeds and arugula. Season again with salt and pepper to taste.