Red Tuscan Hummus
Published March 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
The creaminess of tahini and garbanzo beans balances nicely with the tanginess of the red pepper in this versatile dip. Spread it on sandwhiches in place of mayonnaise, compliment carrots and celery sticks, or scoop it up with pita wedges.
|Serving size:||approx. 11/2 tablespoons|
|Calories per serving:||100|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6%|
- 1 19oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup jarred red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Step by Step:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Spoon dip into a shallow bowl and serve with pita wedges